Malaysia islands the beautiful tropical popular holiday islands
to visit on your Malaysia tours. Malaysia is sunny country which has many beautiful islands and beaches waiting for you for Malaysia vacations to enjoy.
Malaysia rich variety of underwater life - Courtesy by Tourism Malaysia Kuala Lumpur
There are a total of 878 islands and 510 offshore
geographical features in Malaysia.
Islands in Malaysia has a tropical climate with temperatures
ranging from 21 °C to 32 °C.
The West Coast of Malaysia has only a few of the classic golden sand beaches. Many island shores here are lined with mangrove forests (hutan bakau in Malay words) or muddy swamps and many of Malaysia's mighty rivers also flowing westwards into the Straits of Malacca.
There are only a few paradise islands of Malaysia at teh West Coast that have of beautiful beaches and good tourist infrastructure which are located at the North West Coast such as Langkawi, Penang and Pangkor.
Langkawi Island is the popular among Malaysia islands in the country as its beach resorts and the legend of Makam Mahsuri situated here. The Penang Island is famous of its food and beautiful beaches of Batu Feringghi and the Pangkor Island is famous of its fishing village and sparkling sand beaches of Teluk Nipah beach.
Below is the list of West Coast islands infrastructures and it activities:
Uderwater World Langkawi - Courtesy by Tourism Malaysia Kuala Lumpur
- Beaches: Burau Bay, Tanjung Rhu.
- Resorts: The Datai, Berjaya Beach & SPA Resort, The Andaman, Geopark Hotel, Langkawi Lagoon Resort, Mutiara Burau Bay Resort and The Westin Langkawi Resort and Spa.
- Beaches: Marine Park, Pantai Damai.
- Snorkeling sites: Langkawi Coral Pontoon, Marine Park Beach.
- Diving sites: Coral Garden, Lembu Rock.
- Beaches: Batu Feringgi, Pantai Miami, Monkey Beach, Teluk Kampi Beach.
- Resorts: Mutiara Beach Resort, Bayview Beach Resort, Casuarina Beach Resort.
- Beaches: Golden Sands Beach, Pulau Giam, Teluk Nipah.
- Resorts: Pangkor Island Beach Resort, Swiss Garden Damai Laut
- Snorkeling sites: Golden Sands Beach, Giam Island.
On the East Coast of the peninsula there are some of nicest Malaysia islands (includes in the South China Sea Islands) such as Perhentian and Redang. Both island have good tourist infrastructure and receive a large number of tourists. Tioman Island of the east coast has direct flight connections to Kuala Lumpur, but is not as impressive as other east coast islands. Others islands are such as Rawa Island, Besar Island, Sibu Island and Pemanggil Island.
For sea activities it is not advisable to visit these Malaysia islands during the Monsoon Season from November to March as the waves can be quite strong during this time.
Below is the list of East Coast islands infrastructures and it activities:
- Beaches: Tulai, Salang, Paya, Air Batang, Tekek, Genting, Lalang.
- Resorts: Berjaya Beach Golf & SPA, Japamala Resort, Panuba Inn, Salang Pusaka Resort, Salang Indah Resort, Salang, Salang Sayang Resort, Salang Beach Resort, Ella’s Place.
- Snorkeling sites: Salang Reef.
- Diving sites: Pulau chebeh, Malang Rock, Tokong Bahara, Salang Wreck, Pulau Renggis, Salang Reef North,Labas Rock, Pulau Soyak.
- Popular sites: Semukut Twin Peaks FLIGHT AND AIRLINES: Berjaya Air.
- Beaches: Lanting Beach Lagoon
- Resorts: Lanting Beach Resort
- Snorkeling sites: Kampung Buau, Kampung Pak Kaleh and Teluk Kador.
- Diving sites: shipwreck on the east side of Pulau Pemanggil.
Aur & Dayang Island
- Beaches: Natu Kembar, Teluk Ba’ai, Pasir Putih, Teluk Berhala.
- Resorts: Diver’s Lodge, Bluewater Resort, Atlantis Bay, Dayang Blues.
- Beaches: Main Beach.
- Resorts: Rawa Safaris Island Resort, Le Club Rawa.
- Beaches: Teluk Dalam, Pasir Panjang Kecil, Pasir Panjang Besar, Pasir Kalong, Pulau Pinang.
- Resorts: Berjaya Redang Beach Resort, Redang Beach Resort, Coral Redang Resort, Redang Holiday Resort, Redang Pelangi Resort, Redang Bay Resort, Redang Lagoon Resort, Redang Reef Resort, Redang Kalong Resort, Ayu Mayang Resort, Desa Green Beach Resort.
- Snorkeling sites: Turtle Bay, The Highway, Marine Park Jetty, Tanjung Mak Cantik, Tanjung Tengah, Pulau Paku, Teluk Mat Dollah, Aziz Reef.
- Diving sites: Pulau Paku Kecil, Pulau Kerengga (Part I), Pulau Kerenggan (Part II).
- Flight and Airlines: Berjaya Air.
Beach at Redang Island
- Beaches: Teluk Air Tawar.
- Resorts: Tenggol Aqua Resort, Tenggol Island Beach Resort, Tenggol Resort.
- Diving sites: Tokong Timur, Tanjung Api.
- Beaches: Teluk Pauh, Pulau Rawa, Long Beach, Tokong Burung, Teluk Dalam.
- Resorts: Tuba Bay Island Resort, Coral View Island Resort, Bubu Long Beach Resort, Arwana Perhentian Resort, Flora Bay Resort, Samudra Beach Chalet, Fauna Beach Chalet, Everfresh Beach Resort.
- Snorkeling sites: Teluk Pauh, Long Beach, Pulau Rawa, Tokong Burung Tanjung Basi.
- Diving sites: Tokong Laut, Terumbu Tiga.
Lang Tengah Island
- Beaches: Pasir Air, Pasir Mat Hassan.
- Resorts: D’Coconut Lagoon, Redang Lang Island Resort.
- Snorkeling sites: Batu June, Karang Bahar. DIVING: Karang Bahar, Karang Nibong.
- Beaches: Gemia Beach.
- Resorts: Gemia Island Resort & SPA.
- Beaches: Jetty Beach.
- Resorts: Dragon Inn Semporna, Seafest Hotel, Seafest Inn, Scuba Unkie Backpackers, Sipadan Inn.
- Snorkeling sites: Jetty Drop-Off, West Ridge.
- DIVING: Barracuda Point, Midreef, South Point, Jetty Drop-Off.
- Beaches: Main Beach.
- Resprts: Sipadan Water Village Resort, Sipadan-Mabul Resort, Kapalai Dive Resort.
- Snorkeling sites: Lobster Wall
Jetty Manukan Island - Courtesy by Tourism Malaysia Kuala Lumpur
TAR Marine Park Island
- Beaches: Pulau Sapi, Manukan Island, Malohom Bay and Pulau Mamutik.
- Resorts: Hyatt Regency Kinabalu, Gayana Island Resort, Nexus Karambunai Resort, Shangri-La Ria Resort, Manukan Island Resort.
- Diving sites: Hanging Garden, Sulug West.
- Snorkeling sites: Pulau Manukan, Pulau Sapi.
Instead of printed map of Malaysia, travel in Malaysia you might also use the PDA Maps (Personal Digital Asistant) for GPS road navigation which will navigate you from one place to another as for your Malaysia islands vacation guide direct from your mobile phone.
Table of Contents
Go to Top Page Malaysia Islands Page
Travel in Kuala Lumpur
Go to Petronas Twin
Go to Beaches in Malaysia
Go to Perhentian Island
Return from Malaysia Islands to Malaysia Tours
from Malaysia Tours to Tourist Attractions in Malaysia
Copyright © 2010 Tourist Attractions in Malaysia.com